Smart Suggest offers the user assistance and orientation when entering a search term. This is constantly being expanded and improved independently of the user's own search. Since description texts are not useful for this purpose, they are not taken into account by Smart Suggest by default. The following data is taken into account for Smart Suggest:
- Name/title (product suggestions & text suggestions)
- Keywords (text suggestions)
- Item number (product suggestions & text suggestions)
- Vendor (vendor suggestions)
- Category (category suggestions)
The search, on the other hand, delivers all items matching the respective search query. All product information such as description and attributes are searched. Compared to Smart Suggest, the search is much more complex and rule-based.
As a result, Smart Suggest may display different results than search hits.